Wednesday 6 June 2018

Notes from the 11th International Conference on Chemical Structures

Just back from the recent ICCS in Noordwijkerhout, the Netherlands. I really enjoyed it although, as you can see from the picture, it was hard work at times.

Here are my notes on the scientific program, which I have just extracted from Twitter. A big thank-you to ThreadReader, without which I couldn't have done the extraction. Naturally, all errors are my own - I may have misunderstood something or lost the thread of the talk. Also, just to note, I didn't take notes on all of the talks.

If you are interested in a particular talk, and paste the provided link into a browser, you can see if anyone on Twitter added a comment on the tweet.

If you want to follow the entire Twitter conversation on the meeting, which used the hashtag #11thICCS, go to this link. Again, if a particular Tweet has replies, you need to click on it to see them.

As well as taking notes, I also presented a poster entitled "Can we agree on the structure represented by a SMILES string? A benchmark dataset". For more info, follow the link over to the NextMove blog.

Note to self:
Next time include the hashtag with every tweet. Otherwise it's hard to extract, and hard for attendees to follow automatically.

Image credit:
Image courtesy of Jason Cole.

No comments: