Here's why you should tell people about cool stuff you're doing:
- People want to hear about it
- It's nice to hear that someone finds your stuff cool
- It might be useful to someone
- It's good publicity for you
- Someone else might take your idea and do something even cooler
There are lots of ways of sharing this type of information. One of the easiest is a blog. If you think of a blog as essentially a cheap way to generate web pages you can see what I'm talking about. It takes about 10 seconds to set up a blog (at http://www.blogger.com for example) so there's no excuse.
As an example of something cool I found out about - about a year ago, Dan Hagon et al integrated TwirlyMol into Google Wave so that twirlying around was propagated by Wave action (the video explains all):