- If we have never met in person, I will ignore your LinkedIn request. I use LinkedIn to remember the names/faces/bios of people I've met.
- I only follow people with public posts on Google Plus. Non-public posts cannot be reshared publicly, so it's just a pain to follow people who only generate content for Google.
- I don't log into Twitter very often.
- Anyone who emails me personally (even if I know you) with questions about Open Babel is politely requested to resend to the mailing list. Open Babel has a lot of users and I don't scale.
- If I spammed your blog comment by mistake, get in touch. Like, you know, leaving a non-spammy comment below.
- Any communications from the ACS marked Important, Very Important, Your Eyes Only, This Week Only, or Find-a-Member-and-Get-a-Periodic-Table-Thing will automatically be recycled without opening.
None of these social media requests upset me though - don't get me wrong. I'm just trying to keep my digital life manageable.